We invite applications to join the front of house team for our busy modern KTM workshop. This Customer facing position is showroom-based and must ensure a great customer experience whilst delivering our commercial and practical business requirements. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable enthusiasm for motorcycles and have experience of a customer facing role, be able to juggle and progress multiple demands and be comfortable working on their own initiative.
1) Booking in, planning and scheduling both our external Customer and internal work going through our 4-bench workshop
2) Liaising between Sales, Workshop and Parts departments, and also between Customers, Workshop and KTM to enable work to progress as smoothly and efficiently as practical.
3) First point of contact for customers and deliveries in the shop and ‘Front of house’ for all Workshop customers in the shop, by phone & email.
4) Quoting customers as accurately as possible, ensuring Technicians are aware of what has been quoted and communicating with customer if anything changes.
5) Invoicing and taking payments for work completed, and chasing payment/credit if needed
6) Ensuring customers collect repairs when planned and chasing them to do so where appropriate
7) Coordination of our Motorcycle customer collection and delivery service
8) Administration of Courtesy and Demonstration bikes
9) Monitoring service attendance and reminding customers who may be due a service
10) Assisting Sales dept to upload our Used bike details online
11) Coordinating and maintaining our company Mailing lists
12) Assisting with plans and forward marketing for Open days
What you will need:
- Excellent communication skills – happy to deal with customers in person, on the phone or by email
- Sociable and confident to act as first point of contact with all visitors
- Good computer skills for efficient record-keeping
- Good technical knowledge in order to discuss work booked in
- Good knowledge of Parts, in order to prep jobs for the workshop
- Good prioritising and scheduling skills
- Well-organised, flexible and able to multi-task
- Numerate and confident in invoicing and taking payments
The Salary awarded will ultimately depend on the experience of the applicant and training needs. The targeted salary range is £15k-£19k. We may consider applicants at a more senior level with directly relevant experience in the motorcycling industry.
In addition there is an Annual Bonus scheme when the Company achieves its targets and individual performance targets are met. Our Pension scheme is provided through NEST.
Our Workshop is open 6 days a week, of which you would work 5 days including Saturdays.
How to apply:
Apply as soon as possible with CV and covering note to Ian Aim
Via email to ‘’ or via post to ‘144 Rayne Rd, Braintree, CM7 2QS’
Applications will close 30th June or earlier if we find a suitable candidate.